We have been waiting 55 weeks to get together to worship in person in our usual space and the time has now come. We are doing everything we can to make sure our worship service is a safe environment for everyone who is able to join us. So, here is what you need to know:
- We will worship with our masks on. Yes, we know the state of Texas is no longer requiring masks indoors but we want to put the needs of others first so that everyone who wants to worship in person feels safe.
- We are asking people to register by clicking this link. Yes, we know you are busy and this one more thing you need to do but we have cut the number of seats in half to give adequate space for every household. We want to ensure that the room is not over crowded. And your interest helps us plan for future worship services like EASTER!
- Eucharist will be pre-packaged just like it was for our outdoor services. Yes, we will continue to use pre-packaged gluten free bread and wine that you will pick up at the entry area before the service. We will also bring Eucharist after the service to anyone in the North Dallas area who would like to participate safely from home.
- All fellowship will be done outside in the parking lot and green space. Yes, we know that you are excited to see each other but we ask that you keep your distance and take your conversation outside in the fresh air out of consideration for everyone who is worshipping with us.
- There will be no coffee station. I know, trust me, no one is more bummed than I am who loves coffee more than anyone in Restoration. We will bring it back as soon as we can. Please drink your coffee before you arrive and keep your mask on throughout the service with the exception of consuming the Eucharist.
- We will not have nursery or children’s programming during the service and we are asking kids to stay with their families. Yes, we expect it to be louder and more chaotic than normal but we’ve missed everyone so it will be awesome to have everyone back in one spot. Plus, we want to see how big your children have gotten since we’ve not seen everyone in over a year.
- You don’t have to attend the in person service to worship with us. If you are not yet comfortable meeting in larger groups, that is okay. We will continue to provide our service online.
This has been a challenging time for all of us, and I can’t tell you how much I’ve missed worshiping with you all. I look forward to worshiping with you when you feel the time is right. Please, know that you are in our prayers!