Each week in our Children’s Lesson, we will focus on a single Bible verse. Please help your child to remember to bring the memory verse folders back each week, along with a Bible, as we learn new verses together.
I am the resurrection and the life. Whoever believes in me, though he die, yet shall he live, and everyone who lives and believes in me shall never die.” John 11:25-26
This week, we will break from our normal routine to talk about the death and resurrection of Jesus. We will use ‘resurrection eggs’ to highlight the crucial last moments of Jesus’ life and ending at the empty tomb. They’ll also have the chance to color and create ‘Alleluia Butterflies’ to add more color to our service.
Connect with your child this week about this simple but impossible story. Jesus died for our sins—but he didn’t stay dead!
Talk About It
You can discuss this at home with your child:
- Read the resurrection story from the different gospels. Talk about how each character must have felt. Scared, Confused, Excited?
- Practice the songs we will sing on Easter Sunday so they are ready to belt it out this week!
- Happy Day by Tim Hughes
- Christ the Lord is Risen Today (He Is Not Dead) by NCC Worship
- I Will Rise by Chris Tomlin
- Come Behold the Wondrous Mystery by Matt Boswell
- Death In His Grave by John Mark McMillan
Don’t forget that there is an ‘At Home’ sheet in your child’s folder each week with more ideas to talk about this verse at home!
As always, if you have any questions about our Children’s Ministry or would like to volunteer to serve our children, email Kolby.
This week, Restoration will celebrate baptisms. Join us on Sunday for this beautiful service!
The Youth Confirmation service will be held at Christ Church Plano at 5:30pm on Saturday, April 27 with a reception to follow. Anyone is welcome to attend and support our students. Contact Kolby for more information.